This one-stop practical guide will show you how to run – for health, fitness or fun. To make your progress easier, it comes with handy expert advice throughout.
Eager to start running? Want to run your first race? Or need to improve your speed and stamina? Collins need to know? Running is the one-stop guide to everything from setting a training plan to dealing with injury to keeping motivated.
Written by experienced runner and journalist Alison Hamlett, this user-friendly and accessible introduction gives you all the information and advice you need, including:
• How and why to make running part of your everyday life
• Get from ‘can’t run’ to half-hour runner in six weeks
• Warming up, cooling down and stretching
• Planning your training – why hills help, why fartlek is fun
• Fundamentals of sports nutrition
• Running kit and training tools
• The five most common running injuries and how to avoid them
• Training schedules for every distance from 5K to marathon
• Race-day tips
• Ideas to take your running further – ultras, triathlons and adventure races
• Directory of websites and further information