An informative picture book that presents a larger-than-life look at the fly and explains that flies can be very useful – despite their capacity to carry germs and cause disease! The humorous cartoons, captivating photographs and informative captions provide a fascinating insight into this common and pesky insect.
• Turquoise/ Band 7 books offer literay language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
• Text type - A non-chronological report.
• Pages 22 and 23 give children the chance to recap and discuss the information covered.
• Curriculum links - Science: Plants and animals in the local environment.
• This information book is paired with a fictional story on a similar theme: Harry the Clever Spider by Julia Jarman.