“With an honest, humorous approach, [Manly] illuminates the unexpected delights of aging while offering expert insights into navigating aging challenges.”—Erica Manfred, author of I’m Old, So Why Aren’t I Wise?
How does a woman embrace her maturity with joy and strength when her life and her body change year to year? Psychologist Dr. Carla Marie Manly provides an important and meaningful window into womanhood for those approaching fifty and beyond. A must-read book for any woman approaching the age of fifty, Aging Joyfully touches the sensitive reality of the transition from a life filled with new beginnings to a graceful process filled with freedom, beauty, and joy.
Includes chapters on:
“The blend of intelligence and compassion in this beautiful book should help many women deal with the real issues in getting older. You will find guidance, understanding, and a positive but not unrealistic approach to aging.”—Thomas Moore, New York Times-bestselling author of Care of the Soul“The book points to inner treasures that chronological age cannot touch and finds beauty in aging, deep love in elder years, and the joy of a mindset that is eager for what’s to come.”—Foreword Reviews?
- Loving Your Changing, Maturing Body
- Your Health: What to Expect with Menopause, Memory Changes, and More
- Shifting Relationships: Understanding and Adapting to Natural Changes in Relationship Dynamics
- The Worlds of Work and Retirement: Facing Ageism and Retirement with Awareness
- Aging Parents, Caregiving, and Loss: Gracefully Caring for Others and Letting Go; and
- Slowing Down as the Time Speeds Up: The Art of Transitioning into a New Life Role