Managing the behaviour of young children can be a real challenge, this book provides you with 100 tried and tested ideas for the long, medium and short term. It shows how to select and adopt the right approach, how to analyze, reflect on and modify practice to ensure consistency and fairness and that positive behaviour develops.
Each of the 100 ideas focuses on a single strategy, and looks at:
- structures and systems;
- using fun, child-orientated resources;
- rewarding good behaviour, and managing sanctions;
- the advanftages of various approaches;
- case studies from practice;
- adaptations of strategies for different settings and ages.
The book suggests lively strategies that keep behaviour management fresh and effective. Advice is given to support children with Special Educational Needs and examples of behaviour management in different settings are shared.
An easily accessible guide for all practitioners working with children aged 3 to 8.