Revised 5th Edition
Praise for the first edition of Everyone's Guide to Cancer Therapy: How Cancer Is Diagnosed, Treated, and Managed Day to Day: A landmark book . . . So much of what the cancer patient must know to make informed decisions. --Publishers Weekly
* A completely revised and accessible guide created by more than 100 esteemed oncologists for the millions of people whose lives are affected by cancer.
The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 20 million people in the U.S. are currently diagnosed with cancer, and 1.4 million people are expected to be diagnosed in the coming year. For the millions confronting cancer's many challenges, Everyone's Guide to Cancer Therapy: How Cancer Is Diagnosed, Treated, and Managed Day to Day relies on an esteemed panel of oncology specialists--more than 100 strong, and each experts in their fields-to completely update this definitive cancer resource.
Equally informative and accessible, this comprehensive book navigates cancer patients and their caregivers through diagnosis, treatment, and supportive care. Every chapter has been methodically updated to include the latest medical breakthroughs and advice concerning cancer treatment, including:
* Information on recently approved targeted therapies for various cancer types
* The newest strategies in cancer diagnosis and prevention
* Cancer biology: translating scientific discoveries into meaningful advances for patients
* Supportive care and complementary approaches